Saturday, September 17, 2016

Track Lighting for Your Art Fair Booth

The track lights have arrived in the mail and I have put them together. I ordered the track lights from Home Depot. I ordered two of the Hampton Bay track lights. (Hampton Bay Model EC400BK Linear 3-Light Black Track Lighting Kit) Along with this I ordered the conversion to make them a plug-in unit versus a hardwired system. (Hampton Bay Linear Track Lighting Live-End Power Feed with 15 ft. Cord and Plug) These were easy to slide into the end of the track and make them an active plug in system. I also ordered the light bulbs to go in the system as well. (Philips DuraMax 45-Watt Incandescent R20 Dimmable Flood Light Bulb (3-Pack)) I think I will order another pack to keep for backup in case of breaking one or if it just going out. This is something I thought of after the fact. 
So this whole system with six track light, two tracks, two plugs, and six light bulbs cost me about $130. I am pretty happy with the ability to take it apart and travel with it, and how easy it is to assemble. The only funny thing about the whole system is the track lights themselves. They twist into the track. If they do not twist correctly they will not turn on. At first I thought the bulbs were bad, but with further investigation I figured out the track lights have a particular way of fitting into the track. This was a little frustrating at first, but now with some practice and patience I was able to get all the lights working and the booth should be well lite for the show. The problem I had with installing the lights is what made me aware that having extra bulbs, and maybe even extra track light or two would be a good backup system to have. 

I hope this is helpful for your own art fair booth lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment