Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Day Throwing and Firing!

Today I woke up at 5:30am to get back to the studio and fired up the cone 10 kiln full speed ahead. The weather here is seasonly warm which made the fire go much faster. My studio mate Cindy was losing her mind as she felt as though it is firing too fast, but only tomorrow will we see the results. The kiln should finish some time between 6-8pm this evening. We will have to let it cool down, and open it up tomorrow afternoon. 

While all this fire was burning in the kiln I took this time to throw a few cups and create some new texture. Below are some of the pictures I snapped of the cups I created while waiting to see what the cones are doing. Just thought it would be fun to share some work in progress. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment