Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Holidays are almost over...

December has ran away with it's days and we all seem to be hanging on for dear life as we are steered into the New Year. 

On December 21st I picked up my diploma from college. Yep, I did it! Finally! I have my BFA. It is truly anti-climactic though. I am starting my Masters degree right away. I really have no time to waste anymore. I am already in debt for college and nowadays a Bachelors degree is as simple as a high school diploma. So here I go again. On the 24 month road to my MFA. It is worth it though. It is giving me time to work on my art and learn more things that I wouldn't have had time for. I am leaning for my main focus to be more 3D than 2D. It is something I am enjoying more and I can always play in 2D stuff on my own. The 3D work is the work I need more time as an apprentice. With that said the New Year will bring me new beginning as a college graduate, and a true masters student. Something I have learned about being an art student is that everyone has a love for some kind of medium. Rather than try to be the best at all of them, it is time to focus on your hearts medium and what calls to you more. 

As I mentioned in the last blog I got my own potters wheel at home. I am busting out pieces left and right to start building my collection of things. I already have events on my schedule for 2016 where I will be attending art events to sell my ceramic art. It is truly exciting to see your dreams, goals, and work come together. So far it look like in June I will have be at Liberty Courtyard winery in Evansville, IL and in November I will be at an Art & Wine Walk in Belleville, IL. That is as far as I have gotten in my schedule for the sales events. I am running into an obstacle of needing to purchase a tent for the outdoor art fairs. There are a lot of opinions on what tent to buy. I think I am going to start with the $300 EZ Up type tent. Not that I will pick that particular brand, but something like it. Once I get that I will be able to start the process of art fairs and see if that will work for me and my medium. I would like to try 3 or 4 fairs this 2016 year to get my "feet wet" with the idea of this business avenue. I will have to find a way to fund this purchase to get things off the ground. 

Other than these two items I have been full force throwing clay and planning for next years events to try and reach people with my art. I am in the infancy stage of all this, but I am truly blessed with what I have rolling so far! 

Until the next post... Happy New year!

No comments:

Post a Comment