Friday, December 18, 2015

Blog Break...

I got my new Shimpo VL-Lite potters wheel a week ago yesterday. That has been the biggest reason for my absence in my blogging. I was having trouble with it. It seems to have a slight wobble. My husband helped me to level the wheel. Our old basement floors are not even and we thought maybe that could be the problem. It has helped a lot. I am now in the process of trying to get to work. I was thinking to throw at least two pieces a day. I think with this kind of work ethic I should be able to grow my inventory as well build my skills more and more everyday.

I am in the process of working on a commission for a church. They need two chalices and one more plate. I threw a plate last night. I actually like how it turned out. I am going to try and throw eight more. I was thinking I could do two sets of four with the same glazing design. I also was wanting to continue my work on making cups tea, coffee, cocoa, or soup. Different sizes, shapes, and glazes to create that perfect cup for speaks to someone.

Other than those initial thoughts to get going in my potters studio. I am in the process of looking into art fairs around the United States. I thought that this would be a good place to start. I am hoping down the road I am able to make a living at selling my pottery at art fairs, local shops, and who know,  maybe even out of the U.S. What a dream come true to be able to travel all over for work.

Just wanted to stop in an let you know what was going on in my world. As soon as I get some pieces drying I will shoot before pictures so you can start following the journey of my creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment